Changes in society, in healthcare systems and in psychiatric care are demanding a focused professional development of psychiatric and mental health nursing. To be responsible for this development is a big challenge for nurse leaders, researchers, teachers and practitioners. The conference- title “Leadership in psychiatric nursing” refers to a draft of the future. The term “Leadership” is closely related with the development of visions and the arrangement of changes. Therefore, this conference will be concerned with the following questions:
- How can nurses contribute to psychiatric care in the future?
- Can we, as psychiatric nurses, develop shared perspectives and if so, under which preconditions?
- Which consequences do these shared visions and perspectives have for nursing practice, education, research and management?
- Who can play which role in this process?
- Which trendsetting projects, innovations and “lighthouses” do already exist?
This conference for the German speaking countries Germany, Switzerland and Austria will be held in Vienna in the lovely art nouveau- theatre of the Otto-Wagner-Spital.
The conference language will be German.
© 2009 Oud Consultancy - Amsterdam - The Netherlands