The official congress language is English.
The organisation committee is pleased to invite you to submit an abstract electronically here:
1. Please submit your poster abstract electronically by the 1st of August 2017. All submissions will be acknowledged on receipt. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 1 week, please contact us, and we will verify if we have received your submission.
2. All abstract submissions for posters, papers, workshops and all congress presentations must be in English.
3. Submission of abstracts is on the condition that the main authors of accepted abstracts will register for the full congress, so please ensure funding for registration, congress fee, travel and accommodation expenses before submitting an abstract. Authors will be required to confirm their acceptance of presentation and register with full payment of the congress fee before the 1st of August 2017. If the confirmation of acceptance, registration, and payment of the congress fee have not been completed by this date, the presentation cannot be included in the program and the published proceedings of the congress.
4. Submissions of more than one abstract from an individual and/or group of authors are welcome. However, in the interests of achieving an inclusiveness of presenters and a broad and balanced scientific program, it is necessary that for each accepted abstract one delegate is registered. For example if a group of authors have two abstracts accepted, this requires that two delegates are registered, if they have three abstracts accepted, this requires that three delegates are registered, and so on.
5. The subtitle of the congress is “Creating collaborative care: a multi-partnership approach”, and the subthemes for submission are:
- Epidemiology and nature of inpatient violence against staff
- Epidemiology and nature of violence against patients /patients as victims
- PTSD & violence prevention and treatment
- Trauma informed care & practice
- Assessment of risk, prevention & protective factors
- Humane safe & caring approaches in and reduction of restrictive practices
- Neurobiological approaches and pharmacological therapies
- Psychological approaches & interventions
- Service users & family perspectives
- Race, gender, cross-cultural & ethnicity perspectives
- Ethical, human rights and legal perspectives
- Sexual offending violence
- Specific populations: forensics
- Specific populations: intellectually disabled / learning disabilities
- Specific populations: child & adolescent
- Specific populations: elderly / dementia
- Specific populations: refugees & displaced people
- Training and education of (interdisciplinary) staff
- Application of new technology (media – social networks – information technology – e-learning – virtual environment)
- ENTMA presentation / contribution
- Other related themes
6. Abstracts can be submitted for:
- A poster presentation (maximum of 400 words) (The dimensions of the poster should be size A0 (118,9 cm by 84,1 cm) (landscape or portrait).
7. Abstracts must be no more than 400 words and in general be structured as follows:
- Background (maximum of two sentences to provide key rationale for study)
- Methods (to include design, sample, measures, procedures)
- Results (to include how data analysed and key findings)
- The specific objective(s) of study or project, methods and results should be stated, but tables, diagrams and footnotes have to be avoided,
- Two educational goals should be stated separately,
- Submissions may report original research, project development / evaluation, practice applications or position papers, but should always be related to the main theme or the sub themes of the congress.
- The title of the abstract and hence the title of the presentation may not extend 15 words
8. All submissions will be anonymously reviewed by several members of the scientific committee. The scientific committee, and finally the chairs will then decide on rejection or acceptance either as a workshop, paper, or poster.
9. The submission of an abstract implies acceptance of the final decision about method and allocation of presentation by the scientific committee. No further correspondence will be entered into.
10. Authors will be notified about the final decision of the scientific committee as soon as possible after they have submitted their abstract, and in the case of acceptance, will also be informed of preliminary time, date and allocation of presentation.
11. If your abstract is accepted for an oral presentation or workshop you will be requested to send a fuller version of your presentation with adequate reference to the literature by the 15th of July 2017 for publication in the congress proceedings. This fuller version per presentation (workshop and paper) should not exceed 5 pages, A4 size, 1,5 line spacing, size 11 point letter type, including possible tables, diagrams, footnotes, and literature references.
12. Awards will be given by the scientific committee for the “best scientific abstract” and congress participants will vote for the award for the “best poster”. The winners (one per abstract) will be awarded by having their congress fee for the 2019 congress waived.
- submission of poster abstracts still possible till the 1st of August 2017
- registration and payment for full congress before 1st of August 2017