Congress Gala Dinner
The Congress Gala Dinner is being served at the Clontarf Castle
Clontarf Castle which dates back to 1172 today combines the best of ancient architecture with 21st-century facilities including an award-winning restaurant and a luxurious banqueting hall which won the 2014 Best Hotel Event Venue award.
The castle is located in a very old area of Dublin city which is most famous as the site of the Battle of Clontarf in 1014. This fierce battle, which lasted from sunrise to sunset, freed Ireland from foreign rule but resulted in the death of Brian Boru, Ireland’s first King, his son and grandson, and an estimated 7,000 to 10,000 others.
The castle has a long association with famous names including Handel who stayed there for the Dublin premiere of his Messiah in 1742, and J.W. Turner who painted the castle as his only Irish subject, although he never visited it.
The Castle is a 10 minute drive from the Crowne Plaza Hotel and complimentary transport is being provided (both to and from the Castle) for those attending the Congress Gala Dinner.
- Transport from the Crown Plaza to Clontarf Castle arranged by the Hotel/Castle: Bus transport, journey time 15 mins approximately, to arrive at Clontarf Castle for 7.30 pm.
- Reception in the main hall with drinks, soft / wine / beer (2 drinks per person).
- Irish Entertainment ( probably Harp /Bagpipes) as a welcome reception.
- Dinner 3 courses starting at approximately 8pm , Beef /Fish / Vegetarian & 2 drinks/wine (further drinks available at the bar).
- Irish Entertainment at desert time (probably an Irish Group and Irish Dancers).
- Return transport at 11.00/11.30pm approximately
The Congress Gala Dinner fee is € 75,- (cash or by bank transfer) and € 79,- for a credit card payment.
As there is are limited seats available it is advised to book and pay as early as possible for this event. As soon as the limit has been reached it will be announced at this congress website and the possibility of booking will be removed.
© Oud Consultancy - Amsterdam - The Netherlands -