We are delighted to invite you to attend and register for the largest and most relevant global conference dedicated to work-related aggression and violence in the health and social services sector: the 4th International Conference on Violence in the Health Sector.
Work related aggression and violence within the health and social services sector is a major problem which diminishes the quality of working life for staff, compromises organizational effectiveness and ultimately impacts negatively on the provision and quality of care. These problems pervade both service settings and occupational groups.
Considerable attention and advancements in addressing this problem have been achieved from educational, research, practice, service and organizational perspectives nationally and internationally. Following three successful conferences in 2008 and 2010 in Amsterdam (Netherlands), and 2012 in Vancouver (Canada) the 4th International Conference on Violence in the Health Sector, will take place in Miami, USA, from October 22-24 2014. In addition to raising awareness the 2014 conference will provide a platform to share international developments, with a particular emphasis on best practice research and initiatives to effectively respond to the problem.
The specific aims of the conference are:
- To sensitize stakeholders to the issue of violence in the health and social services sector,
- To understand the evolving manifestations and the human, professional and economic implications of violence in the health and social services sector,
- To present, promote and exchange effective sustainable initiatives and strategies addressing personal safety, organizational and environmental security, and wellbeing for all workers and clients in the health and social services sector,
- To present initiatives which respond to the problem, and have transferable learning for efforts in broader service and geographical contexts,
- To offer a program of presentations considering the vantage points of all parties, e.g. service users, workers, management.
This continuing education activity has been approved by the International Council of Nurses (ICN) for the award of up to 17.25 International Continuing Nursing Education Credits (ICNECs).
All delegates attending the conference will receive a book of proceedings (about 400-500 pages) which includes either abstracts and/or full papers authored by the presenters of all presentations.
The conference provides a wonderful opportunity to network and establish contacts with a very diverse community of colleagues engaged in this important area of work. Apart from the geographical diversity of delegates, there is also a multiplicity of perspectives including clinical/service, organizational, educational, research and regulatory. In order to maximize the potential contribution of networking opportunities the conference will include social activities:
- A complimentary welcome reception on Wednesday October 22nd 2014.
- A special conference dinner on Thursday October 23rd 2014. (conference dinner is at additional cost).
Miami is one of world’s most popular vacation spots and offers multiple enticements for everyone: The trendy nightlife of South Beach, bejeweled by the eye candy of the Art Deco district. The bustle of Calle Ocho and the highly caffeinated energy of Little Havana. Seemingly endless shopping opportunities in modern, sprawling malls and the quiet, personal attention offered by the family-owned shops of Coconut Grove and many other corners of the region. The lures of deep-sea fishing and golf and tennis. Major league football, basketball, hockey and baseball. Boat shows and auto racing. Art festivals and outdoor food and wine extravaganzas. An international airport and the world’s busiest cruise port. The Miami area offers all of this – and so much more.
The conference venue and hotel is the Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE Second Avenue, Miami, FL 33131, USA.
We look forward to welcoming you to Miami,
On behalf of the Organization and Scientific Committee
Prof. Ian Needham, Chair and Mr. Kevin McKenna, Co-Chair of the Organization and Scientific Committee & Nico Oud, Conference Organizer.
© Oud Consultancy - Amsterdam - The Netherlands -