The official congress language is English.
The organisation committee is pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for a posters electronically by clicking here.
1. After the 22nd of March 2013 it will still be possible to submit abstracts, but for posters only till the 1st of August 2013.
All submissions will be acknowledged on receipt. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 1 week, please contact us, and we will verify if we have received your submission.
2. All abstract submissions for posters, papers, workshops or symposiums and all congress presentations must be in English.
3. The subtitle of the congress is “New horizons in interdisciplinary approaches”, and the subthemes for submission are:
- Advances in epidemiology, nature and cross-cultural aspects
- Innovative strategies for reducing coercive measures
- Advances in neurobiological approaches
- Service users and family perspectives
- New directions in the assessment of risk, prevention & protective factors
- Sexual offending & aggression
- Interdisciplinary approaches to stalking & domestic violence
- Race, gender & ethnicity perspectives
- Ethical and legal perspectives
- Advances in pharmacological therapies
- Advances in psychological therapies
- Application of new technology (media – social networks – information technology – e-learning – virtual environment )
- Training and education of interdisciplinary staff
- Specific populations: forensic
- Specific populations: intellectually disabled
- Specific populations: child & adolescent
- Specific populations: elderly
4. Abstracts can be submitted for a poster presentation (maximum of 400 words).
5. Abstracts must be no more than 400 words and in general be structured as follows:
- Background (maximum of two sentences to provide key rationale for study)
- Methods (to include design, sample, measures, procedures)
- Results (to include how data analysed and key findings)
- The specific objective(s) of study or project, methods and results should be stated, but tables, diagrams and footnotes have to be avoided,
- Two educational goals should be stated separately,
- Submissions may report original research, project development / evaluation, practice applications or position papers, but should always be related to the main theme or the sub themes of the congress.
- The title of the abstract and hence the title of the presentation may not extend 15 words
6. All submissions will be anonymously reviewed by several members of the scientific committee. The scientific committee, and finally the chairs will then decide on rejection or acceptance either as a symposium, workshop, paper, or poster.
7. The submission of an abstract implies registration for the full congress (so please ensure funding for registration, congress fee, travel and accommodation expenses), and acceptance of the final decision about method and allocation of presentation by the scientific committee. No further correspondence will be entered into.
Note: Authors are required to confirm their presentation acceptance, and register & pay the registration fees before the 1st of September 2013, and they are responsible for their own registration, transportation and accommodation costs. If no acceptance form, registration & payment have been received by that time, the presentation will be removed from the program and not included in the congress proceedings.
8. Authors will be notified about the final decision of the scientific committee as soon as possible after the submission, and in the case of acceptance, will also be informed of preliminary time, date and allocation of presentation.
9. Awards will be given by the scientific committee for the “best scientific abstract” and congress participants will vote for the award for the “best poster”. The winners (one per abstract) will be awarded by having their congress fee for the 2015 congress waived.
- submission extended deadline for posters only till the 1st of August 2013
- notification of acceptance as soon as possible after the submission
- registration for full congress before 1st of September 2013